Employment: Paid, Part-time, 20 hours/week
Position opens January 1, 2022, closes March 30, 2022
About North Park Community Church:
North Park Community Church is an active Mennonite Brethren congregation off Harlow Road in Eugene, Oregon. The church has a relational focus: relationship with God, with each other, and with the community. We aim to be Christ-focused, Bible-centered, relationally driven, and active in service.
The Pastoral Residency at North Park Community Church is a two-year, on-the-job experience designed for recent graduates pursuing a life of professional ministry. Using a mixture of church leadership experience, community outreach, mentoring, personal development and education, the Pastoral Residency is designed to enhance a leader’s self-awareness and training, clarify calling, and provide work experience, thereby launching them into a life of impactful servant leadership in Jesus’ Kingdom.
Primary Job Duties:
• Support church volunteer leadership
• Engage creatively in leading & trying new avenues for helping people connect
• Connect with and care for congregants outside of programs and activities
• Assume a leadership role in Music, Youth and/or Children’s ministry
• Work with Pastor and Outreach team to help lead a neighborhood initiative
• Other duties as assigned by the Pastor
• Participation as an active member of the North Park congregation and leadership
• Commitment to personal growth through mentorship and continuing education
• Commitment to abide by US Mennonite Brethren Statement of Faith.
• Demonstrates commitment to growing in Christ
• Passion for God’s people, and seeing them develop individually and congregationally
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Evidence of regular involvement in a local church
• Must pass criminal background check
Please email your resume with cover letter to email@example.com